Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Justice? We'll have to wait and see.

Se we get a phone call that some of my stolen belongings have been recovered. And then later on I read this news story. Seems too much of a coincidence... don't you think?

We had traced Matt's cell GPS to a San Diego address, and the news says she was heading to her home in San Diego... wow!

I haven't claimed my stuff yet, the detective who has it is off today, but wish me luck!!

Here's the news story:


http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20080709-0712-1bo09vanchase.html


Theft suspect sparks chase, crashes into van



UNION-TRIBUNE

7:12 a.m. July 9, 2008

POWAY: A woman who led authorities on a chase through Ramona and Poway yesterday afternoon was arrested after she crashed into the back of a van, deputies said.

The woman was suspected in a vehicle burglary at Grace Community Church on Barger Place in Ramona about 11:35 a.m. When deputies tried to stop her on southbound state Route 67, she drove away at speeds of more than 100 mph, sheriff's Sgt. Mike Strong said.

Poway deputies pursued the woman west on Poway Road, where she rear-ended a van carrying an adult and two children. The two vehicles' fenders locked and both hit a guardrail, crossed eastbound lanes and stopped.

The woman ran from her vehicle but was caught. Deputies extinguished a small fire that broke out in the engine compartment of her car, Strong said.

Those in the van had minor injuries that did not need treatment.

The woman, Katherine Hildebrand of San diego, was taken to a hospital for a leg injury. She was arrested on suspicion of vehicle burglary and felony evading officers, and is being investigated for a series of car break-ins around Poway, Ramona and Santee, Strong said.

–P.R. & A.M.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has there been any updates on this? She broke in to our car as well...

Melissa Renner said...

Nope. I have claimed my work ID, Matt's driver license and a few gift cards. Nothing else has been recomved. I am thinking that she may have trashed the rest. :(

Anonymous said...

I didn't get anything back...they kept our checkbook for evidence. Do you know how the court date went? I was told she was working with somebody else...just curious...took alot from us...
Thanks...

Anonymous said...

The first charges she got were for 8years and 8months. She has another court date in el cajon on the 7th of oct. I am very sorry that she caused you so much trouble. Rest assured that if she ever gets out, she will have a good knock upside the head and that her Family dose not condone any of her actions and all belive that she is where she needs to be.

Anonymous said...

As for the still missing stuff, if you have a private way of contacting you, I have gone through her stuff (to retrive my stolen belongings) and I remeber most of the stuff there. I would be more than happy to let you know if any of it is there. The police have been through it as well. I am sorry but I am trying to protect my family because they are all good people and are greatly emabrassed from this. I also lived in Ramona for awhile and I love the town, except for the stinky chicken farms LOL. I am trying to help the people that were affected by her and let people know that her family are nothing like her.

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet sister o' mine.. I love your blog

Anonymous said...

I would like to send you an email privately about Katie. please send me an email at awesome-vanrossum@hotmail.com. this would be much appreciated.