Tuesday, September 27, 2011

focus

So... this busy mom really needs to focus. I think I need to get more cameras, or maybe binoculars to focus on everything happening simultaneously recently.

I heard about the new movie "I Don't Know How She Does It" (just watched the preview and it's ME!) and it got me thinking, how does any working mother (stay-at-home-Mom's included.... nw THAT'S work) do it? Is it any wonder why there are SO many sayings about us mom's doing it all?
Even as I try to find time to blog realy quick, I am constantly being pulled in all different directions... knowing I don't really have spare time to blog. But I'm a "list-maker," hence I conclude that this could very well be my list for the day.

Speaking of which, today's list includes:

making vet appointment for Chief... his limp came back. *pout* 9:00 am tomorow, check.
--sending invite to Annabelle's quilt show (which reminds me to look up the date... "ALT-TAB" to google.com to search... okay. October 14th & 15th. Mountain View Church. 10am-4pm. Done

-laundry... a daily thing

-dishes. Technically this is a chore reserved for my "live-in babysitter" or the kids... but when I'm at work and cannot enforce this assignment, I run out of my iv bags (read: coffee cups)

-garden. usually my little relaxing time, however; with a quickly fading front lawn, it's more of a plea to the neighbors to not be mad at my unsightly yard and a cry for their compassion and understanding so they see that I'm trying!

okay... this is taking too long...speed-list:

vacuum, windows, garbage, recycling, bills, get DaniSue from preschool, lunch, shower, put face-on for work, commute... ahhh. finally work.

Working from 3:30 to midnight. Sad that this is the most relaxing part of my schedule. Real adults (for the most part).

No comments: